Pt 3-1 inserted by No 46 of 1998.
Div 100 inserted by No 46 of 1998.
Work out the amount of the capital gain or loss
100-45 How to calculate the capital gain or loss for most CGT events
2. Work out the cost base for the CGT asset.
3. Subtract the cost base from the capital proceeds.
4. If the proceeds exceed the cost base, the difference is your capital
5. If not, work out the reduced cost base for the asset.
6. If the reduced cost base exceeds the capital proceeds, the difference is your capital
7. If the capital proceeds are less than the cost base but more than the reduced cost base, you have neither a capital
nor a capital
S 100-45 inserted by No 46 of 1998.